Company BOSSARD – global service provider in fastening technology is searching:
Engineer EU (m/f/d)
The Innovation Development Engineer is part of the Product Innovation Team within Category Management of Bossard. The product Innovation Team focuses on bringing new products, systems and technologies to the Bossard Group to improve the strategic market position of the company. This role offers a great opportunity to combine your Engineering skills with innovative entrepreneurial thinking and acting.
In your role as Innovation Development Engineer in Europe you will drive the Product Innovation Process from creating ideas to market implementation with a deep focus on the engineering side of the process and in close cooperation with Bossard colleagues in the sales regions.
The role reports to the European Business Development Manager within Category Management:
- You drive the generation of potential innovative ideas
- building a network with relevant people in- and outside the company, institutions, clusters and universities.
- develop innovation workshops with stakeholder to derive new ideas.
- participate in relevant development projects with institutions or business partners.
- attend seminars and-or exhibitions.
- collect Voice Of Customer from the market.
- You think of ways to verify the new ideas with regards to
- Technical feasibility.
- Identification of potential applications and – or customers.
- Initial definition of required specifications and functionalities.
- IP protection possibilities.
- You are fully involved in the product development process
- As a project manager of selected product development projects.
- Evaluate the product requirements.
- And test the market for the new product or concept by setting up pilot projects.
- And at last you are there to ensure a successful implementation of the innovation to the market and the sales regions
- Define, develop and if required provide (product and sales) training to the organization.
- Assist in defining go-to-market plans.
- Handover of successful pilot projects to the sales regions.
This description will only give you a flavor of how your day may look like, as we are talking innovation, you will surely innovate your role too! Processes matter to you but you have an open mind for opportunities, new things and change and you know how to combine this mix in your job. You know how to build relationships and get the information you are looking for with a positive and motivational attitude. You like to work with different people in different projects and you enjoy being ‘in the field’ with your colleagues across Europe. Other duties may be assigned.
Education, Skills & Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering and minimum 5 years of experience in technical sales, product management or product/market development required
- Experience in an international company will
- Problem solving, Product knowledge, Selling to Customer Needs, Presentation Skills, Technical Understanding, Innovative “Out of the box” thinking
- Creative with analytical, cross-functional, sometimes also disruptive thinking
- Fluent in English and German speaking/writing
- Strong presentation skills
- Capable to motivate others
- Flexible and able to set priorities
- Self-driven and highly motivated
- Open minded, approachable and communicative
- Open to work in an international cross matrix organization
- Willingness to travel up to 50% in Europe (to customers, suppliers, congresses, fairs, …)